EPO organizes many events for students and families during the year. Information about upcoming events can be found under the EPO blog posts.
Past events have included
- Ice Cream Social – We had a great turn-out at our annual Back-to-School Ice Cream Social. We are thrilled to have met so many new families, and we are especially grateful to our mentor families who made them feel welcome. Children (and their parents) enjoyed delicious custard and toppings donated by Culver’s, a generous supporter of our EPO. What a great way to kick off the school year!
- Family Game Night – “Family Game Night” was open to all current EAGLE students and family members. Drinks and light refreshments were provided by the EPO. Last year, the Game Night planning committee, with input from the Student Council, offered a few more options including Magic the Gathering card game, Poke’mon card game, and Nintendo DS gaming. Of course, these were in addition to Dance Dance Revolution and the various gym activities and board games that have become Game Night traditions.
- Kēva All-School Party – On Saturday, Feb. 2, more than 50 EAGLE families participated in an all-school party at Kēva Sports Center. We had use of an indoor soccer field as well as a double-sized gym for basketball, volleyball, and a bouncy castle. There were opportunities to play balloon tennis, ride floor scooters, toss beanbags, play parachute games, and climb on the indoor play structure. Chips, cupcakes, and pizza slices were served. Everyone–parents and kids–had a wonderful time!
- Family Movie Night – The third annual EAGLE Family Movie Night, held on Feb. 8, was a real hit with more than 100 people in attendance. Two features were shown, one for the Nesters through 3/4s and another for 4/5s and up. Drinks and light refreshments were served. This fun EPO-sponsored event was made possible through the efforts of many wonderful parent volunteers.
- Magic The Gathering Tournament – Our second Magic the Gathering mini-masters tournament, held on Thursday, Feb. 23, was a big success! Through the use of computer technology and the great tournament management skills of our adult volunteers, we were able to accommodate 18 student participants.
The EPO sponsors a wide variety of fundraisers throughout the year that benefit EAGLE School and the broader community.
Information about ongoing fundraisers can be found under Ongoing Opportunities.
Past one-time fundraisers have included
- Ice Cream Sale at the Fitchburg Farmers Market – EAGLE School volunteers served up yummy custard, donated by Culver’s. Because of this partnership, EAGLE families were able to thoroughly enjoy the Fall Fest and make almost $300 for the school.
- Vitense Golfland – During Labor Day Weekend, we had lots of fun at Vitense Golfland, with Vitense donating 15% of ALL proceeds from EAGLE families’ activities and purchases to the EPO.
- RIDQulous Fun at Dairy Queen – Many EAGLE parents and students enjoyed after-school treats at the Fitchburg Dairy Queen! Thanks to all families who supported the EPO’s “RiDQulous Fun” event, which raised $250 for the EPO. The generous support of our local Dairy Queen was also much appreciated.
- EAGLE Clothing Sale – The EPO’s annual EAGLE clothing sale happened in November. Items available for purchase included static window clings, stainless steel tumblers, baseball caps, hooded sweatshirts, long and short sleeve T-Shirts, “EAGLE Athletics” T-shirts, and drawstring sport packs.
- “Raise Some Dough” with Papa Murphy’s – On parent-teacher conference day, the local Fitchburg Papa Murphy’s donated 10% of the days’ sales to the EPO. Parents enjoyed the convenience of picking up a few pizzas on their way home from school.
- Restaurant Night at Benvenuto’s – This community-building event provided a fun way to socialize with other EAGLE families while taking a break from the kitchen. On Sunday, January 13, all three Madison-area Benvenuto’s Italian Grill locations donated 15% of EAGLE families’ dine-in or take-out food/beverage purchases back to the school.
- Pottery Painting at Fired Up Pottery – Several EAGLE families enjoyed this EPO fundraiser at Fired Up Pottery on Feb. 16. It was a fun community-building event that raised over $200, thanks to the folks at Fired Up Pottery, who donated 30% of all EAGLE purchases back to our school.
- Laser Tag at Ultrazone – The EPO’s March 14 (conference day) laser tag social/fundraiser at Ultrazone was a HUGE success. A great time was had by all who participated, and this sold-out event raised over $750 for our school!
- Chili’s Benefit – From April 15-30, EAGLE families enjoyed dining at Chili’s, while 10% of their purchases from either Madison location–food and drink, dine-in or take-out–came back to EAGLE.
- Tri4Schools Mud Run – On May 18, 50 EAGLE students participated in this event. It was an enjoyable community-building experience for parents and runners alike, while earning more than $700 for our P.E. program.
EPO coordinates a variety of service opportunities for students and families. These seek to build cooperation and friendship among EAGLE students, families, and the larger community.
Information about recent service projects can be found under Community Service.
2012-13 Goals and Accomplishments
GOAL: To Provide financial support to EAGLE school, through fundraising, and to determine the allocation of monies raised, to match the desires of parents with the needs of the school.
Greenraising Fall Fundraiser ($7000)
Box Tops Drive ($2200)
Fitchburg Farmer’s Market Ice Cream Sales ($300)
Designed and Sold EAGLE Spirit Wear ($700)
Scholastic Book Sales
Members are currently hard at work planning the annual Spring Family FUNdraiser, which has traditionally raised tens of thousands of dollars, while providing a fun family-friendly event for the entire EAGLE community.
The EPO has pledged $60,000, in the form of a new playground, to the EAGLE School Capital Campaign.
GOAL: To promote academic, artistic, sporting and social activities for EAGLE students and families.
The EPO planned and subsidized social events, for EAGLE families, to promote camaraderie: Movie Night, Game Night, Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, Halloween Party, Keva.
The EPO coordinated monthly Community Building Events at local businesses, such as Dairy Queen, Benvenuto’s, Ultrazone, and Vitense Golfland to encourage off-site socializing while raising funds to benefit EAGLE School. Expected to raise $1,500 this year!
The EPO provided grants for each unit, via unit parents, to sponsor a class event or purchase.
The EPO helped coordinate, and provided refreshments for two EPO Sponsored Speaker Events and the annual Alumni Panel and High School Night for graduating 8th graders and their families.
GOAL: To Foster the excellence of, appreciation and support for the EAGLE faculty and staff.
The EPO coordinated two staff appreciation dinners for faculty and staff during parent conference nights.
The EPO allocated funds to provide gifts for teachers in appreciation for coordinating plays and concerts; and to recognize faculty and staff milestones.
GOAL: Organize service projects to allow EAGLE families to give back to the community.
The EPO Coordinated a holiday gift-wrapping drive at Barnes & Noble to raise money for the Red Cross and a holiday toy drive for children hospitalized at American Family Children’s Hospital (AFCH).