EPO organizes many social events for students and families during the year. Information about upcoming events can be found under the EPO blog posts.
- Ice Cream Social – At our annual Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, children (and their parents) enjoy delicious custard and toppings donated by Culver’s (on the Beltline), a generous supporter of our EPO. This event offers a great opportunity to meet new families, and we are especially grateful to our mentor families who make them feel welcome. What a fun way to kick off the school year!
- Family Game Night – “Family Game Night” is open to all current EAGLE students and family members. Drinks and light refreshments are provided by the EPO. The Game Night planning committee makes sure there is something for everyone by offering gym activities, board games, a Magic the Gathering card game, Dance Dance Revolution, a Poke’mon card game, and Nintendo DS gaming.
- Kēva All-School Party – In mid-winter, many EAGLE families participate in an all-school party at Kēva Sports Center, where they have access to an indoor soccer field, a double-sized gym for basketball and volleyball, and a bouncy castle. There are opportunities to play balloon tennis, ride floor scooters, toss beanbags, play parachute games, and climb on the indoor play structure. Pizza and dessert add to the fun, and everyone–parents and kids alike–has a wonderful time!
- Family Movie Night – EAGLE Family Movie Night, another popular event, is always well-attended. Two full-length features are shown, one for the Nesters through 3/4s and another for 4/5s and up, and drinks and light refreshments are served. This fun EPO-sponsored event is made possible through the efforts of many wonderful parent volunteers.
Throughout the year, the EPO sponsors a wide variety of community-building events that double as fundraisers. These activities benefit EAGLE School and the broader community.
- Ice Cream Sale at the Fitchburg Farmers Market – EAGLE School volunteers serve up yummy custard donated by Culver’s. Because of this partnership, EAGLE families are able to thoroughly enjoy the market’s Fall Fest celebration while earning money for our school.
- Vitense Golfland – On a weekend in early September, students and parents have lots of fun at Vitense Golfland, with Vitense donating 15% of ALL proceeds from EAGLE families’ activities and purchases to the EPO.
- RIDQulous Fun at Dairy Queen – In October, many EAGLE parents and students enjoy after-school treats at the Fitchburg Dairy Queen, with DQ giving 10% of all EAGLE sales back to our EPO. Participation in this “RiDQulous Fun” event allows us to support a local business while raising hundreds of dollars for our school.
- EAGLE Spirit Wear Sale – The EPO’s annual EAGLE clothing sale happens in November. Items available for purchase include hooded sweatshirts, long and short sleeve T-Shirts, “EAGLE Athletics” T-shirts, and drawstring sport packs.
- Pottery Painting at Fired Up Pottery – Several EAGLE families enjoy this EPO fundraiser at Fired Up Pottery. It is a creative way to build community and raise cash, thanks to the folks at Fired Up Pottery, who donate 30% of all EAGLE purchases back to our school.
- Dine Out at Chipotle – Families socialize over burritos, tacos, and guacamole, with 50% of their purchases coming back to EAGLE. It’s a delicious way to hang out with friends while raising money for EPO purchases!
- Laser Tag at Ultrazone – This conference day social/fundraiser at Ultrazone is always a HUGE success. With an afternoon off due to parent-teacher conferences, participants enjoy laser tag and pizza at Ultrazone, while a portion of their registration fee helps fund EPO projects.
- Bowling at Wildcat Lanes – In April, EAGLE students, friends, and family members strike out for a “wild” afternoon of bowling at Wildcat Lanes in Verona. All lanes are reserved for EAGLE supporters, and Wildcat donates a generous portion of bowling fees back to our school.
- Tri4Schools Mud Run – In both spring and fall, EAGLE students participate in this event that promotes health and fitness and a whole lot of fun. It is a great community-building experience for parents and runners alike, and Tri4Schools donates 75% of EAGLE registration fees back to our P.E. program.
Information about ongoing fundraisers can be found under Ongoing Opportunities.
EPO coordinates a variety of service opportunities that seek to build cooperation and friendship among EAGLE students, families, and the larger community.
Information about recent service projects can be found under Community Service.
2013-14 Goals and Accomplishments
GOAL: To Provide financial support to EAGLE school, through fundraising, and to determine the allocation of monies raised, to match the desires of parents with the needs of the school.
Equal Exchange Fall Fundraiser ($8,600)
Box Tops Drive ($1,300)
Fitchburg Farmer’s Market Ice Cream Sales ($200)
Designed and Sold EAGLE Spirit Wear ($500)
Barnes & Noble Book Fair ($1,500)
Scholastic Book Sales ($630 in books)
Spring Family FUNdraiser ($27,000)
The EPO also raised $60,000 for a new EAGLE playground.
GOAL: To promote academic, artistic, sporting and social activities for EAGLE students and families.
The EPO planned and subsidized social events, for EAGLE families, to promote camaraderie: Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, Movie Night, Game Night, Halloween Party, Kēva Party.
The EPO coordinated monthly Community Building Events at local businesses, such as Dairy Queen, Fired Up Pottery, Ultrazone, and Vitense Golfland to encourage off-site socializing while raising funds ($1,800 in total) to benefit EAGLE School.
The EPO provided grants for each unit, via unit parents, to sponsor a class event or purchase.
The EPO helped coordinate, and provided refreshments for two EPO-Sponsored Speaker Events and the annual Alumni Panel and High School Night for graduating 8th graders and their families.
GOAL: To Foster the excellence of, appreciation and support for the EAGLE faculty and staff.
The EPO coordinated two staff appreciation dinners for faculty and staff during parent conference nights.
The EPO allocated funds to provide gifts for teachers in appreciation for coordinating plays and concerts, and to recognize faculty and staff milestones.
GOAL: Organize service projects to allow EAGLE families to give back to the community.
The EPO coordinated a holiday toy drive for children hospitalized at American Family Children’s Hospital, a clean-up of the Capital City Trail behind the school, and a collection of much needed items for the Dane County Humane Society.