The EAGLE Parent Organization (EPO) exists to enhance the experiences of our children; to support the faculty and staff in their work; to enrich communication between parents and the school; and to serve as a support system for all parents.
The EPO carries out its mission by:
- Promoting academic, artistic, sporting, and social activities for EAGLE students
- Financially supporting EAGLE school through fundraising and the disposition of money raised, matching the desires of EAGLE parents with the needs and desires identified by the school
- Fostering excellence of, appreciation of, and support for the EAGLE faculty and staff
- Presentating EAGLE parents’ ideas, talents, and recommendations to the school’s administration
- Promoting camaraderie among the families of EAGLE students
During a typical school year the EPO:
- Coordinates several fundraising efforts: a Read-A-Thon in the fall, the Spring Family FUNdraiser, Fitchburg Farmer’s Market ice cream sale, Box Tops collection, Scholastic book sales, and EAGLE Spirit Wear sale.
- Plans and fully or partially subsidizes after-school and weekend social events for EAGLE families to promote camaraderie including Movie Night, Game Night, Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, Halloween Party, Spring Keva Event, Parents’ Night Out, and End-of-Year Picnic.
- Provides food and beverages for Back-to-School Night and the director’s State of the School Address, as well as coordinates two Staff Appreciation dinners for parent-teacher conference days.
- Assists staff with coordinating the Alumni Panel for graduating 8th graders and their families.
- Allocates funds to provide gifts for teachers in appreciation for coordinating plays, concerts, and other other events deemed appropriate by the board.
- Allocates thousands of dollars towards EAGLE’s scholarship program, technology and arts program, and computer and playground reserves.
By virtue of being the parent of an EAGLE School student, you’re already a member of the EPO. (Yeah!)
Yes, we have some, and you’re welcome to read them anytime. Just ask any EPO board member for a copy.
EPO BULLETIN BOARD
The EPO Bulletin Board, located right outside of the Commons, is chock-full of information about all things EPO—board members, upcoming meeting dates, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, and social events. Please check the board periodically to stay informed about everything your EPO is doing during the year!
Included in the packet of information and forms that you receive each summer, you’ll find a reminder to pay your annual dues of $10 per family (very reasonable, wouldn’t you say?) before school starts.