The EAGLE Parent Organization (EPO) exists to enhance the experiences of our children; to support the faculty and staff in their work; to enrich communication between parents and the school; and to serve as a support system for all parents.
The EPO carries out its mission by:
- Promoting academic, artistic, sporting, and social activities for EAGLE students
- Financially supporting EAGLE school through fundraising and the disposition of money raised, matching the desires of EAGLE parents with the needs and desires identified by the school
- Fostering excellence of, appreciation of, and support for the EAGLE faculty and staff
- Presentating EAGLE parents’ ideas, talents, and recommendations to the school’s administration
- Promoting camaraderie among the families of EAGLE students
During a typical school year the EPO:
- Coordinates several fundraising efforts: a Read-A-Thon in the fall, the Spring Family FUNdraiser, Fitchburg Farmer’s Market ice cream sale, Box Tops collection, Scholastic book sales, and EAGLE Spirit Wear sale.
- Plans and fully or partially subsidizes after-school and weekend social events for EAGLE families to promote camaraderie including Movie Night, Game Night, Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, Halloween Party, Spring Keva Event, Parents’ Night Out, and End-of-Year Picnic.
- Provides food and beverages for Back-to-School Night and the director’s State of the School Address, as well as coordinates two Staff Appreciation dinners for parent-teacher conference days.
- Assists staff with coordinating the Alumni Panel for graduating 8th graders and their families.
- Allocates funds to provide gifts for teachers in appreciation for coordinating plays, concerts, and other other events deemed appropriate by the board.
- Allocates thousands of dollars towards EAGLE’s scholarship program, technology and arts program, and computer and playground reserves.
By virtue of being the parent of an EAGLE School student, you’re already a member of the EPO. (Yeah!)
Yes, we have some, and you’re welcome to read them anytime. Just ask any EPO board member for a copy.
Included in the packet of information and forms that you receive each summer, you’ll find a reminder to pay your annual dues of $20 per family (very reasonable, wouldn’t you say?) before school starts.