The EAGLE Parent Organization (EPO) exists to enhance the experiences of our children; to support the faculty and staff in their work; to enrich communication between parents and the school; and to serve as a support system for all parents.
The EPO carries out its mission by:
- Promoting academic, artistic, sporting, and social activities for EAGLE students
- Financially supporting EAGLE school through fundraising and the disposition of money raised, matching the desires of EAGLE parents with the needs and desires identified by the school
- Fostering excellence of, appreciation of, and support for the EAGLE faculty and staff
- Presentating EAGLE parents’ ideas, talents, and recommendations to the school’s administration
- Promoting camaraderie among the families of EAGLE students
For example, during the 2012-2013 school year the EPO:
- Coordinated several fundraising efforts: Greenraising sales in the fall, the Spring Family FUNdraiser, Fitchburg Farmer’s Market ice cream sale, EAGLE coffee mug sales, Box Tops collection, Scholastic book sales, and EAGLE Spirit Wear sale.
- Planned and fully or partially subsidized after-school and weekend social events for EAGLE families to promote camaraderie including Movie Night, Game Night, Back-to-School Ice Cream Social, Halloween Party, Spring Keva Event, Magic The Gathering Tournaments, Parents’ Night Out, and End-of-Year Picnic.
- Provided food and beverages for Back-to-School Night and the director’s State of the School Address, as well as coordinated two Staff Appreciation luncheons for parent-teacher conference days.
- Assisted staff with coordinating the Alumni Panel for graduating 8th graders and their families.
- Allocated funds to provide gifts for teachers in appreciation for coordinating plays, concerts, and other other events deemed appropriate by the board.
- Allocated thousands of dollars towards EAGLE scholarship program, technology and arts program, and computer and playground reserves.
By virtue of being the parent of an EAGLE School student, you’re already a member of the EPO. (Yeah!)
Yes, we have some, and you’re welcome to read them anytime. Just ask any EPO board member for a copy.
EPO BULLETIN BOARD
The EPO Bulletin Board, located right outside of the commons, is chock-full of information about all things EPO—board members, upcoming meeting dates, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, and social events. Please check the board periodically to stay informed about everything your EPO is doing this year!
Included in the packet of information and forms that you receive each summer, you’ll find a reminder to pay your annual dues of $10 per family (very reasonable, wouldn’t you say?) before school starts.
Allocation of dues: