Student Council will sponsor Café Night for 4/5s-7/8s on Friday, Dec. 13, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Tickets are $2.00 and will be sold during the week of Dec. 9. During this event, students will have the opportunity to purchase food (subs, pizza, sides, and desserts) and listen to jazz music. All proceeds from the evening will go toward hurricane relief efforts in the Philippines. Parent volunteers are still needed for this event. Please contact email@example.com if you can help.
The Student Council’s annual collection to help local food pantries is underway. From now through November 26th, students may turn in non-perishable food items as they arrive in the morning in exchange for stickers (one for each item donated), which will then be added to our snowflake bulletin board in the upper hallway. It will be fun to watch the snowstorm grow over the duration of the food drive as students attempt to create a “blizzard of hope” for Madison area families in need.
On Monday, Nov. 25, wear a moustache (paper, drawn, painted–be creative!)
On Tuesday, Nov. 19, Student Council will sell Tic Tacs, Mentos, and other mints over the lunch hour.
On Wednesday, Nov. 13, wear your favorite PJs.
What are you a fan of? A T.V. show like Dr. Who or My Little Pony? A sports team like the Packers? A music group like One Direction? On Friday, Oct. 18, wear clothes to show what you are a fan of.
Student Council will sponsor Café Night for 4/5s-7/8s on Friday, Dec. 13, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. The evening will include great food and jazz music. A few parent volunteers are needed for this event. If you can help, please contact Marcia Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Council is sponsoring 5/6 – 7/8 Halloween party, and members are looking for volunteers to bring in snacks. Please email Marcia (MrsBeckett@eagleschool.org) if you can donate fruit, veggies, sweets, chips, pretzels, drinks or other “Halloween-ish” items. We also need a parent or two to help with set-up and clean-up. Set-up will begin at 2:00 pm on October 31.
May 13-17 is “spirit” week. Instead of having just one fun day, we will have five in a row!
- Muffin Monday (5/13) – We still need volunteers to bake goods for the Muffin Monday sale. If you can bring in muffins, cookies, brownies or other baked items, please package them in individual baggies, portioned out to be sold for 50¢ each. Sign up by emailing Marcia. (Remember–if you bring in baked goods, you get a free item from the sale.)
- Twinsie Tuesday (5/14) – Dress up in identical outfits with a friend or multiple friends.
- Spirit Wednesday (5/15) – Wear an EAGLE t-shirt or dress in blue and gold.
- Animal Thursday (5/16) – Bring your favorite stuffed animal friend
- Formal Friday (5/17) – Dress up in your best clothing!
Student Council will host an end-of-year middle school dance on Thursday, May 23, from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Please contact Marcia if you are able to chaperone or help with set-up and/or clean-up.