Each semester, students have the option of choosing a club which will meet four times during TGIF times.
Clubs for Fall
Lego Building, Primary – Int.
- Bring in your Legos or other building games and have a lot of fun making new and unusual creations with other Lego enthusiasts.
Create-A-Character Club, Primary – 3/4
- We will use our 4 sessions to first create a fun character that will then be featured: in its own comic strip, puppet play,diorama, and will end up as a 3-D sculpture. So, bring your ideas and be prepared to have fun watching them take shape.
Pasta Possibilities, Primary-3/4
- Pasta isn’t just for dinner anymore. Join Nancy in the art room where we will use pasta to make jewelry, animals,structures and more!
Card Club, UP – 4/5
- Come and join card club. We will be playing all sorts of card games. We will even be teaching each other card tricks! If you like card games this is the club for you.
Creative Writing Club, UP – 5/6
- Each meeting we will focus on a different style of writing with plenty of time to write, share, and discuss each others’ work and progress. Come join other writers and find your voice!
Italian 101, 3/4 – 7/8
- Learning your first foreign language is hard, but learning a second one is easy, especially when they’re in the same family! Use your French or Spanish skills to pick up some Italian this year. By December, you will be able to introduce yourself and carry on a conversation in Italian. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is.
Beadweaving, 3/4 -6/7
- You can craft beautiful jewelry with only glass seed beads and thread. We will use a few basic stitches to weave rings and bracelets.
CSI – EAGLE School, 4/5 – 7/8
- Do you like mysteries? Watching CSI-type shows? Do you want to build your crime investigation skills? Then this is the club for you. We will spend our first club session exploring a variety of forensic skills. Then working in teams, students will develop a crime story, set up a crime scene, and then challenge other club members to solve their mystery.
Magic The Gathering Club, 4/5 – 7/8
- We will play an entertaining and exciting card game during our club. Join the fun to experience one of the most diverse,rewarding, and engaging games. It does not matter if you have played before, or if you are new to the game. We will learn how to play and have fun playing against each other.
Spanish Films, 4/5 – 7/8
- During each club a different movie will be played in Spanish with English subtitles. This club is a fun and engaging way to learn a different language while watching some of your favorite children’s movies. Students of any world language are welcome!
Football in (Almost) Any Weather, 4/5 – 7/8
- Come play a great game of touch football during clubs with Coach Jack! We’ll play on the field across the EAGLE parking lot. Be sure to be ready to play no matter what the weather is – a change of clothes and footwear is highly recommended if the forecast is gloomy! Unless there is lightning, expect to play!
Make the Map, 5/6 – 7/8
- Have you ever used a GPS? Have you ever made a map of your feelings? Have you ever mapped your space and place? This club will teach you how to make a map of things seen and unseen, using paper, computers and your ideas.
Tree Banding & Small Animal Care, 5/6-7/8
- This club will continue the tree study started last fall. Students will gather data from banded trees and share the data with the Smithsonian. Two club dates will be dedicated to the trees located on EAGLE School property and the other two club dates the group will focus on small animal care.
MathCounts, 6/7 – 7/8
- Study the art of problem solving. This club will tackle a variety of challenging math problems with a twist – a great opportunity to practice for the MATHCOUNTS Competition in a fun and engaging way!
The Regal Eagle Club, 5/6 – 7/8
- Are you interested in sharing your writing with the school community? Do you want to learn more about goings on at EAGLE? If so, the Regal Eagle is an excellent opportunity for you. Come explore journalism with us as a writer, editor, photographer, layout editor, or comic.
- Would you like to help create a lasting memento of Eagle School? Plans are underway for this year’s Eagle School yearbook.We need your input. You’ll learn how to use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Design, and a digital camera. Prior experience with these programs is not necessary.